Grateful.

That's how I'm feeling today. I used to roll my eyes a bit at some of the gratitude posts I would read. Perhaps it was cynicism or perhaps I just had led a charmed life till this point. Great husband, beautiful baby, good job. All had some challenges but came relatively easy to me.

Last Friday everything sort of changed for me. Hudson, Mom and I were involved in a very serious car accident that we were lucky to have survived. Hudson had no injuries, car seats are amazing things, Mom has a broken collarbone and a dislocated hand and I have a broken femur and a fractured rib. We both have a multitude of bruises which are secondary to our other injuries but remind us they're there with a stretch or a wrong move.

I'm still in hospital at this point and have a fairly lengthy recovery ahead of me but will be up running around in heels very soon! Thanks to all of our friends and family for their love and support. You mean the world to us. I would also like to thank the staff at St. Martha's and Aberdeen hospitals for the great care they have provided to us.

This is the look I'm currently sporting and will be for the next 8-12 weeks. I'm thinking it may need some leopard, no?

Xoxo

Amy

This entry was posted in Decor and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Grateful.

1. Pingback: We will now return to regularly scheduled programming…. |

2. Chris says:

Oh Amy, you poor, poor thing. At least you’ve got a good man at your side to see you through it! Get well soon and good luck with your recovery!!!

3. Cathy says:

Just checking in on you with hopes of hearing that all is well or at least okay. Just another person wishing you the very best and hope to see you posting again when you feel up to it.

4. Lindsey says:

Amy,
    I totally missed this post a few days ago. I’m sooo happy to hear you, your Mom and Hudson are ok, but I know it’s a long trek ahead to heal. One small silver lining is that you are at home, with family close by to help. Please let me know if you need anything once you are back, I’m not too far away!
    XO,
    Lindsey

5. Lisa says:

OMIGOD Amy, what a terrifying experience. Wowowowow. Thanks the heavens you guys are all OK. Your poor mum. Poor YOU! Wow thank god for car seats – I am sweating now. Sending you all my bestest healing vibes and hugs…

6. Emilija says:

Amy so glad that you are all ok. Hoping recovery is as speedy as can be!

7. Wendy says:

Amy! Oh my. I’m so happy you are all okay, minus the sprains and bruises. Wishing you all a very speedy recovery. Hugs ~

8. Oh my gosh!! That sounds scary and awful! Thank goodness you are all okay (considering). I hope you have a speedy recovery and that you have enough people to take care of you!

Thinking of you all xoxo